Although the summer season is wrapping up, there are still tons of great events happening in Ottawa this weekend! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, from September 15-17, 2017.
- The Northern Lights sound and light show on Parliament Hill ends on Saturday, September 16. Head to Parliament Hill nightly before then at 9:00pm to see the final days of the spectacular presentation. FREE!
- Now through Saturday, October 21, grab your cowboy boots and head to the Casino du Lac-Leamy to check out their special Country themed activities! Check out cowboy dancers, country music, line dancing, a mechanical bull, and more fun, country-themed activities. FREE!
- The CityFolk Festival returns to Ottawa from Wednesday, September 13 to Sunday, September 17 at Lansdowne with headliners like Rodriguez, Jack Johnson, Amanda Marshall, and more! Marvest, the musical-harvest offshoot of City Folk, returns with shows in the Glebe area on Saturday, September 16 and Sunday, September 17. Most Marvest shows are FREE!
- From Thursday, September 14 to Sunday, September 17 visit the 173rd Richmond Fair for concerts, food, agriculture displays, a beer garden, and more!
- On Sparks Street from Friday, September 15 to Sunday, September 17 check out Living Statues as they perform along this pedestrian-only road. FREE!
- Head west to the Wellington West and Hintonburg neighbourhoods for the Tastes of Wellington West to partake in the annual street party celebrating the vibrant community on Saturday, September 16! Be sure to check out Brewery Market for great local beer at Hintonburg Park that afternoon. Admission is FREE!
- On Saturday, September 16, Mayor Jim Watson will preside over a Joint Exercising of the Freedom of the City award ceremony at 9:00am outside Ottawa City Hall, honouring 18 military units and three cadet corps. FREE!
- Experience how fall fairs were back in the 1860’s at the 1860’s Fall Fair Weekend at Upper Canada Village. On Saturday, September 16 and Sunday, September 17, see livestock, baked goods, fine art, music and more!
- Expect thousands of runners and walkers as the 10th annual Army Run takes place in Ottawa on Sunday, September 17, with events around the downtown area starting on Friday, September 15!
For more information on these events and others, see the Ottawa Tourism Events page.